Lakland Pickups

Thread: 2003 55-01

2003 55-01

First lakland and first post. It arrived today perfectly set up and in tune with a set of 130-45 Rotosounds. First 35" scale and I'm not having any issues adjusting to the extra scale and oh does that B sound good.

Already planning on getting an LH3 preamp and a Nordstrand Dual cool for bridge and thier new Big Rig for the neck pickup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Administrator Ultra LOGger
    Welcome! That's a killer looking bass! Congrats!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    aka "Doude" or the "frumpy one"

LOG Bass (Hanson Vintage pickup) ; 55-07 (Blue Velvet) (ChiSonic 5 string test bass - refinished); JO5CS (SN 1); US BG5 PJ (Nordy pickups);
    55-76 (Black Beauty); Carlo CB550 custom (Bubinga Brother #1); Carlo CB550 HH fretless (Bubinga Brother #2); 2002 Skyline Scheff 5
    US PJ 5 (White lightning)(Hanson Vintage pickups); Active 55-60 (oly white, matching headstock and fretless ebony board) , TABBY

Super Moderator Ultra LOGger
    Welcome to the page and congrats on your new Lakland - probably the 1st of many to come!

Kane is getting a workout this week!

Supporting Member Awesome LOGger
    Very nice and welcome!

Supporting Member LOGger
    Great color / neck combo on that one. Congrats and welcome!

Supporting Member LOG Newbie
    It is a stunner. Congrats.

Thanks guys! I'm headed out to a couple jams this week, starting tonight, and gonna put this thing through the paces. Next full band gig is weekend after next so I'll have some time to fall into this bass a bit before hitting the stage.

Sounds great!

LOG Bass (Hanson Vintage pickup) ; 55-07 (Blue Velvet) (ChiSonic 5 string test bass - refinished); JO5CS (SN 1); US BG5 PJ (Nordy pickups);
    55-76 (Black Beauty); Carlo CB550 custom (Bubinga Brother #1); Carlo CB550 HH fretless (Bubinga Brother #2); 2002 Skyline Scheff 5
    US PJ 5 (White lightning)(Hanson Vintage pickups); Active 55-60 (oly white, matching headstock and fretless ebony board) , TABBY

Basic Member LOG Newbie
    That's a beautiful bass Funkybassplayer! Enjoy!
    Jim
    Lakland DJ-5
    Fender Japan 75 Reissue Jazz
    Eden WT-405, WT550, TN226
    Eden D112XST, D112XLT

Administrator Awesome LOGger
    Very nice, Funky. Welcome to the LOG!

Supporting Member Semi-Regular LOGger
    Very nice. Welcome. You will find very knowledgeable people here.

Thanks everyone for the kudos and the welcome! First Lakland...first 35" bass... and honestly the first 5 that I haven't tuned E-C. Lol. Really enjoying the bass so far. Construction is tops. Finish, for a 14yo bass, is killer! The electronics are great for now, but like everyone else with an -01, I've looked at a new pre. Very excited about growing old with this bass.

Well I ordered a new pre, Nordstrand 3band with passive tone, so I figured I'd get a new pair of Big Splits for my 55-01. Looking forward to getting the in and installed. Also have a ramp and some knobs coming in figured walnut!!

Great pics!

Love the amp colors...

Supporting Member LOGger
    Looks great! Can't go wrong with 3tsb and a rosewood board. Congrats! Mine is from '02 and still looks great, a testament to Lakland quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Basspraiser View Post
    Love the amp colors...

Thanks man! Was going to find a Texas flag to drape in front of the cabs but got a friend from the SO to cerakote the grills!

Super Moderator Ultra LOGger
    Love the pics! Repped!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Funkybassplayer View Post
    Thanks man! Was going to find a Texas flag to drape in front of the cabs but got a friend from the SO to cerakote the grills!

That will last forever