Bass Central
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Member LOG Newbie

3 Band Preamp frequencies. 44-02

Hello everybody from Spain! First day around.

I just bought a Slyline 44-02 two weeks ago. I am used to Warwicks, and I use a Mark Bass 2x12 amp. I was looking for a different sound in my head I couldn't get out of my wicks, and after trying different basses, I definitely fell in love with this bass' sound. In the shop I played through an old Ampeg 1x15, and now I am finding my tone through the Mark Bass, also a different beast. I found out the midrange was not, as supposed to be, at 600Hz, but in 1100Hz, and also the pots are somewhat different to others I see around here, and it was brand new... but anyway, my question here is: I've been looking for the frequencies the bass and treble pots work with in Hz. I know my Warwicks work at 2500Hz treble pot, and 100Hz bass pot. But I canīt find the numbers with my Lakland. I would appreciate any help.

Glad to be part of the Lakland family at last, it's been some time since I watched a Van Morrison gig on tv, and the bass player had a bass with a bridge that caught my eye :-).
    Last edited by aguacollas; 08-23-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Basic Member LOGger
    Quote Originally Posted by aguacollas View Post
    Hello everybody from Spain! First day around.

I just bought a Slyline 44-02 two weeks ago. I am used to Warwicks, and I use a Mark Bass 2x12 amp. I was looking for a different sound in my head I couldn't get out of my wicks, and after trying different basses, I definitely fell in love with this bass' sound. In the shop I played through an old Ampeg 1x15, and now I am finding my tone through the Mark Bass, also a different beast. I found out the midrange was not, as supposed to be, at 600Hz, but in 1100Hz, and also the pots are somewhat different to others I see around here, and it was brand new... but anyway, my question here is: I've been looking for the frequencies the bass and treble pots work with in Hz. I know my Warwicks work at 2500Hz treble pot, and 100Hz bass pot. But I canīt find the numbers with my Lakland. I would appreciate any help.

Glad to be part of the Lakland family at last, it's been some time since I watched a Van Morrison gig on tv, and the bass player had a bass with a bridge that caught my eye :-).
    Welcome to the addiction!

The here is the comparison for the LH3, Bartolini NTMB and Aguilar OBP-3 that I did a couple of years ago. All dB are +/-

Bass Mid Treble
    NTMB 14dB @ 30Hz 10dB @ 250, 500, 800Hz 16dB @ 10kHz
    OBP-3 18 dB @ 40 Hz 16 dB @ 400Hz or 800 Hz 16 dB @ 6.5 KHz
    LH3 12 dB @ 125Hz 18dB @ 225-1100Hz 12dB @ 1250 Hz

And here is the link for the alternate mid settings for the LH3.
    http://www.lakland.com/tech-docs/Alt...20settings.pdf

Let me know if you need anything else.
    Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit. I.

Basic Member LOG Newbie
    Thanks Texan. Just what I needed. Great!

Super Moderator Ultra LOGger
    Welcome to the board agua! Rep bump added to your profile!

Great info Texan rep for the post!

Administrator Ultra LOGger
    Thumbs up to Tex! Not sure if that works as a rep of not bit out of all I can do on my phone
    aka "Doude" or the "frumpy one"

LOG Bass (Hanson Vintage pickup) ; 55-07 (Blue Velvet) (ChiSonic 5 string test bass - refinished); JO5CS (SN 1); US BG5 PJ (Nordy pickups);
    55-76 (Black Beauty); Carlo CB550 custom (Bubinga Brother #1); Carlo CB550 HH fretless (Bubinga Brother #2); 2002 Skyline Scheff 5
    US PJ 5 (White lightning)(Hanson Vintage pickups); Active 55-60 (oly white, matching headstock and fretless ebony board) , TABBY

Basic Member LOG Newbie
    Just wondering that, too. All this Rep thing is weird to me.

Supporting Member Awesome LOGger
    Just wondering that, too. All this Rep thing is weird to me.
    We've shortened adding to a member's Reputation (the little start icon under your username on the left of the post) to Rep. It's sometime used as a verb, "Repped you a new one.!" or noun "rep for the post" or with descriptives Technical Rep, GLWTS Rep, etc.

The Doude is having issues repping people using his phone, hence why he said thumbs up.

BTW - Welcome! Rep for joining!

Administrator Awesome LOGger
    Welcome to the LOG, agua! Congrats on your 44-02. Adding a reputation point for you.

I just looked up Sitges--wow, what a beautiful place!

Basic Member LOG Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by GregC View Post
    Welcome to the LOG, agua! Congrats on your 44-02. Adding a reputation point for you.

I just looked up Sitges--wow, what a beautiful place!
    Thanks! And yes, good place to live, a small beach town near Barcelona, lots of tourists here come and go. I won't complain ;D

Basic Member LOG Newbie
    Btw, does the thumbs up add Rep? I mainly use my phone to read the forum.

Btw, does the thumbs up add Rep? I mainly use my phone to read the forum.
    Sorry, Reps don't seem to be available from a phone. They're added by hitting that badge symbol under a users avatar.

Supporting Member LOG Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan View Post
    Welcome to the addiction!

The here is the comparison for the LH3, Bartolini NTMB and Aguilar OBP-3 that I did a couple of years ago. All dB are +/-

Bass Mid Treble
    NTMB 14dB @ 30Hz 10dB @ 250, 500, 800Hz 16dB @ 10kHz
    OBP-3 18 dB @ 40 Hz 16 dB @ 400Hz or 800 Hz 16 dB @ 6.5 KHz
    LH3 12 dB @ 125Hz 18dB @ 225-1100Hz 12dB @ 1250 Hz

Let me know if you need anything else.
    Question for you - I just found an LH3 review on the Hanson website that had different frequencies for it as follows:
    Bass: +13db @ 30Hz
    Mid: 18db @ 600Hz (factory set)
    Treble: 18db @ 7.5 kHz

I can't read the article date to see if it's old/new, but any comments thoughts as to which is right? My 55-94 arrives this weekend and I'm trying to figure out what I"m messing with. (BTW: strange that it isn't simply published on either Lakland or Hanson website).

Article: http://www.hansonpickups.com/images/...201%20Flat.jpg

Thanks!

Supporting Member Super LOGger

Here's Laklands LH3 mid-frequency chart

https://www.lakland.com/tech-docs/Al...20settings.pdf

Aquacollas is using the thumbs up as well.

There HAS to be some influence on the reppage....

LOG Bass (Hanson Vintage pickup) ; 55-07 (Blue Velvet) (ChiSonic 5 string test bass - refinished); JO5CS (SN 1); US BG5 PJ (Nordy pickups);
    55-76 (Black Beauty); Carlo CB550 custom (Bubinga Brother #1); Carlo CB550 HH fretless (Bubinga Brother #2); 2002 Skyline Scheff 5
    US PJ 5 (White lightning)(Hanson Vintage pickups); Active 55-60 (oly white, matching headstock and fretless ebony board) , TABBY

Welcome from Barcelona!

Beautiful city...

Supporting Member LOG Newbie
    Saw the mid-range; my question is the treble and the bass frequencies that are hard to find.

Supporting Member Super LOGger

Quote Originally Posted by TedH View Post
    Saw the mid-range; my question is the treble and the bass frequencies that are hard to find.
    Both the article and the info you put up have the same bass/treble frequencies listed. They just have different gain/cut values listed. +/- 20dB seems like a lot to me, though it's not a linear relationship. Either way, it'll be plenty of bass at what would appear to be 30Hz

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good info brandon - Repped!

Basic Member LOG Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Basspraiser View Post
    Aquacollas is using the thumbs up as well.

There HAS to be some influence on the reppage....
    Hey Basspraiser, I am using the thumbs up though I know It won't affect Reppage. But I like it anyway.