D'Addario
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Administrator Ultra LOGger
    My daughter says I always amaze her at how I get behind the scenes 😋😎

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    aka "Doude" or the "frumpy one"

LOG Bass (Hanson Vintage pickup) ; 55-07 (Blue Velvet) (ChiSonic 5 string test bass - refinished); JO5CS (SN 1); US BG5 PJ (Nordy pickups);
    55-76 (Black Beauty); Carlo CB550 custom (Bubinga Brother #1); Carlo CB550 HH fretless (Bubinga Brother #2); 2002 Skyline Scheff 5
    US PJ 5 (White lightning)(Hanson Vintage pickups); Active 55-60 (oly white, matching headstock and fretless ebony board) , TABBY

Super Moderator Ultra LOGger
    Noo England Beeya

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1f9f.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	2038

Made on honor... Beer of the Clam!

Must be good stuff

Also a biggun!

LOG Bass (Hanson Vintage pickup) ; 55-07 (Blue Velvet) (ChiSonic 5 string test bass - refinished); JO5CS (SN 1); US BG5 PJ (Nordy pickups);
    55-76 (Black Beauty); Carlo CB550 custom (Bubinga Brother #1); Carlo CB550 HH fretless (Bubinga Brother #2); 2002 Skyline Scheff 5
    US PJ 5 (White lightning)(Hanson Vintage pickups); Active 55-60 (oly white, matching headstock and fretless ebony board) , TABBY

Actually cheap suds but pretty good, although I don't have the palate for bouji beers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom P View Post
    Actually cheap suds but pretty good, although I don't have the palate for bouji beers!
    Ha...good does not always have to be expensive!

Camping in northern Wisconsin with some friends...

This is good

Camping suds rep!

Yup!

And

Rye and a great cigar!

Horrifying regional version - I've seen this done in bars with draft beers as well. Usually without the lime.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2018.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	2054

Hmm... Doesn't sound too good

Supporting Member Awesome LOGger
    I'm assuming, since I can see the display rack behind the offending beverage, that you did not in fact purchase that abomination.

Seriously can you imagine that spurting out your nose if you laughed too hard while drinking it - that would be some serious Exorcist stuff right there

Neti pot nightmare - no purchase, just sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I'm assuming, since I can see the display rack behind the offending beverage, that you did not in fact purchase that abomination.

Seriously can you imagine that spurting out your nose if you laughed too hard while drinking it - that would be some serious Exorcist stuff right there
    Oh yeah!!!

Ha! I just read that...

I've always "slowly metered" in water one ( small ) straw full at a time until any whiskey/ bourbon/ scotch tasted " great" to me... The amount does vary by type and distillery.... Even between bottles sometimes... And never never never add " too much"....

I'm a believer that it does "open it up" and ads olfactory notes that aren't there otherwise...

Next let's discuss "neat" vs..." rocks"

I enjoy both.. At different times..

Supporting Member Awesome LOGger
    Quote Originally Posted by Basspraiser View Post
    ...I've always "slowly metered" in water one ( small ) straw full at a time until any whiskey/ bourbon/ scotch tasted " great" to me... The amount does vary by type and distillery.... Even between bottles sometimes... And never never never add " too much"....
    Quote Originally Posted by Basspraiser View Post
    Next let's discuss "neat" vs..." rocks"...
    Wouldn't 'rocks' negate the effects of a 'slowly metered' glass and push beyond the taste you metered for?

Heady science: Dilution of whisky - the molecular perspective | Science Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Wouldn't 'rocks' negate the effects of a 'slowly metered' glass and push beyond the taste you metered for?

Heady science: Dilution of whisky - the molecular perspective | Science Reports
    I don't do both.... And sometimes...

The cheaper the bourbon.. The more likely I'll ice it....

Depends on the mood I'm in..

Of course a Manhatten is always shaken.. Not stirred... Unless you are in the Northeast...

Supporting Member Super LOGger
    For bourbon and scotch, neat is the only way. I'll also add that I do enjoy a Tequila Aņejo neat as well.

Note to self.. Don't buy cheap whiskey! Ha!

On a whim I bought some $11 whiskey at Walmart.... Didn't think I'd like it but... Had to try it.

It was OK....but I got a headache this morning! Didn't drink any more than normal... Don't get headaches with good whiskey....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk