Bass Central

Thread: LH-3 Rev?

Basic Member

LH-3 Rev?

Hi LOG

Great resource here - I'm Lee from the UK and just got a USA 44-94. Got a few small issues. The previous owner has clearly had a go at the wiring (see pic) - I've now put the wiring back to factory standard. I'm trying to get to the bottom of why the vol pot is noisey and noticed that the LH-3 fitted is a Rev A - as this bass is a 2013 this can't be right or am I missing something? The previous owner swears blind he never touched the electrics but clearly this is not true. I just want to find out if this is the original LH-3 as it appears to be a Rev A?

if this is the incorrect t pre-amp am I better off upgrading to a new one? What issues with the Rev A are there? When did they change? Sorry for all the questions and many thanks!

lee
    UK
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Supporting Member LOGger
    Welcome Lee! I don't have any experience with the LH-3 pre-amps, but you are definitely in the right place, as there are some very knowledgeable folks here that should be able to offer some insight.

Administrator Ultra LOGger
    Wow... What a mess!..

Any ideas why the previous owner did that?

As for your questions....I'd email Leo .. at leo@lakland.com

He may be able to get you some answers.

Welcome

Peace

Doug

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    aka "Doude" or the "frumpy one"

LOG Bass (Hanson Vintage pickup) ; 55-07 (Blue Velvet) (ChiSonic 5 string test bass - refinished); JO5CS (SN 1); US BG5 PJ (Nordy pickups);
    55-76 (Black Beauty); Carlo CB550 custom (Bubinga Brother #1); Carlo CB550 HH fretless (Bubinga Brother #2); 2002 Skyline Scheff 5
    US PJ 5 (White lightning)(Hanson Vintage pickups); Active 55-60 (oly white, matching headstock and fretless ebony board) , TABBY